Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's a Learning Profile?

I found that I'm a Learning Profile C. A Learning Profile explains what kind of learner you are and can be found by taking some simple tests to find your dominant eye, ear, hand and leg. Then you must decide whether you are a more logical or a more gestalt person. If you're a more logical person, you would think of 'pieces of a picture' and if you are gestalt dominant you look at the 'whole picture.'

Being a Profile C, I am logic dominant and I learn best by focusing on pieces of information I can hear. With my right ear being dominant I can take in pieces of information best when my right ear can be easily used, meaning I would have to sit on the left side of the speaker or where the sound is coming from. I process and learn a piece of information best by explaining it again or writing. My left eye scans from right to left and I sometimes possess a difficulty reading languages that go from left to right, like English. I find this true as sometimes while I'm reading, I might get confused about a sentence and read it multiple times. A good way to work around this problem is to reverse the direction of which I'm reading and scan a sentence from right to left. While under stress I am limited in the ability to take in a lot of information visually. I would like my teachers to know that I prefer a well-structured and organized lesson in order to keep things simple and easier to understand for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment